early risers

12.16.2011

5:45 am was the time that the alarm clock went off this morning. Confusion strikes, "my pillow is trying to say something to me... I can't quite make it out... No, no, wait. That's my phone underneath my pillow. But who would be calling me?" Silly sleepy girl. That's your alarm, telling you it's time to drag your wilted and heavy body from beneath the covers to trudge through the darkness, down the hall, and into the shower (remember to take your clothes off first). But in order to accomplish this, you have to open your eyes, that is indeed essential. 




I've gotten far too used to my schedule of waking up whenever my husband leaves for work, and then proceeding to fall back asleep.  I then ashamedly crawl out of bed at 10:30... "my body needed the rest," I reason.  Now I'll be productive. After I watch the Today Show. And New Day Northwest. I'm only mildly embarrassed by this confession because in a few short weeks I hope to be gainfully employed and getting up at a reasonable hour with the rest of the world.  


Now, here I sit behind the bar at Kakao.  Still sleepy but aided by an americano and the cheerful faces delighting in the knowledge that it's friday.  Oh, and the anticipation of the pampering that will accompany a haircut this afternoon isn't hurting.  Take that 5:45 am. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

GOBOOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger