Victoria: One Year

11.17.2012

365 days.  Married.  I don't want to know how many more to come, I only hope there will be too many to count. 

I married my husband a year ago last weekend.  I love him even more today than I did then.  

It's true.  

I keep thinking back to the events that took place this time in 2011.  Bridal showers, rehearsal dinner, stuffing little take-out boxes with chocolates, spray painting miniature pumpkins, numbering and assigning little vases with colored stickers, picking out a dozen parasols from the coolest umbrella shop, driving hours between my parent's house and Brad's apartment, trying to explain to Brad that Christmas shopping could wait until after the wedding, coming home to four or five wedding presents freshly delivered to our doorstep, crying stress tears because I was afraid we would be late to our rehearsal and I was terrified of our wedding coordinator... that memory is a little less sentimental.

I am beyond thankful to my family.  To our friends.  And to my husband.  For making that day, and all the days leading up to it immensely special.    

We spent a week of near perfection here. Eating coconut rolls and drinking "lava flows" at a swim-up bar.  It's okay to be jealous of 2011 Brad and Elisa right now. I sure am.

This year, we spent a weekend in lovely Victoria.  It was less tropical, and more frigid.  But romantic just the same.  

Here's to love. Cheers. 











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

GOBOOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger