'Take a sad song and make it better'

8.11.2011

On the drive home from Seattle this evening I found myself listening to the soundtrack from Across the Universe - a playlist I vividly remember clinging to for comfort the day I moved out from under my parent's roof and into my new house at the University of Washington. I couldn't help being washed over with a sense of nostalgia.  That day four years ago, I listened to said Beatles covers as I mourned the loss of my childhood and the comfort of a home I had known since I was six.  I was terrified beyond belief of being on my own, fighting back tears with every breath. Ironically today, as those familiar songs filled my car, I grieved the very thing I had so dreaded: college, life in Seattle, roommates, even homework. Life goes by like that [insert finger snap]. 


I anticipate this coming season of life with indescribable joy and eagerness... mixed with a pinch of anxiety. I like to ignore and resist change as long as possible. It does not suit me well. But, as the song goes... "I get by with a little help from my friends". 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

GOBOOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger