You are what you eat

8.18.2011

Currently reading In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan, purchased from the overstock table at Barnes and Noble.  I have to admit it's quite intriguing, and tremendously enlightening.  If you're interested in nutrition to any extent, I'd say give it a shot. 

It has me thinking about food. Whole food[s]. Not the high-end grocery store. But real food, no preservatives, locally grown, rich in nutrients, and flavorful in their rightful seasons.

My thoughts went immediately to three things: farmer's markets, gardens, and more specifically 'victory' gardens (in all their thoughtful propaganda). 

Maybe I'll take a look at Apartment Gardening by Amy Pennington.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

GOBOOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger