A two tractor kind of day.

2.20.2012

As you may or may not surmise, this saying originated on a slow and beleaguered afternoon, during which I got stuck driving behind two tractors. Two different tractors, on two separate occasions. One on my way into town. The other on my way home.  What are the odds right? Even out in the boonies, it's unlikely to have to slow to a snail's pace behind a small farm tractor twice in one day. Twice in one week, yes. But not in the same day. It's as if they had it in for me. Make Elisa late.  Make her channel the daredevil within to pass us on a two lane highway where most vehicles are moving around 70 mph. The tractor goes a whopping speed of about 15 mph.


Thus the expression "it's a two tractor kind of day" was born.  And it continues to be adapted in my small household to convey with a shrug of the shoulders "it's just one of those days".  


For example, today was "a two americano kind of day".  The americanos don't exactly have it in for me the way I imagine those tractors did.  But on this day it is especially gloomy, damp, and all-together chilly.  Therefore requiring two americanos.  Today the wool cardigan is just not cutting it.  Today the sky (I assume it's up there somewhere) is wrapped from edge to edge in a silver blanket.  This blanket does not in any way imply warmth, but instead threatens moisture from all angles.  Puddles and mud abound.


But, let me assure you, all is not lost, even on a "two americano kind of day". For starters, the first americano was consumed in the company of one of my dearest friends, as I stole bights of the heavenly bread pudding she had ordered.


The second americano is being consumed as I write this silly little note. This time, I am at work, and the americano was free (the best kind).  And this time I'm enjoying the company of a dark chocolate peanut-butter cup.  Though I don't think he will be with me much longer... 


Despite the dreary exterior of this rainy day (in a long line of rainy days) I am content. And thoroughly wired. 


Adios Mr. peanut-butter cup. 


  
[Ashley Casey, hand model]










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

GOBOOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger