Chicken noodle soup.

2.21.2012

What in the sane world does an ice-cream flavored pedicure entail? The thought of having toes that taste like rainbow sherbet and pralines and cream doesn't exactly strike a chord with me. I would fear going anywhere near a hungry dog with my feet impersonating the insides of an ice cream shop. Poor puppy would be sorely disappointed.


I'm not just ranting the insane, there actually is such a salon that boasts ice-cream flavored pedicures. And it evokes this curiosity every time I drive past it.


Life's mysteries, who would have thought this would be one of them?


An ice-cream cone while I get a pedicure? Now that's something I could get on board with.


In honor of the not-so-mysterious, the dependable, and the timeless... we made chicken noodle soup tonight. And it didn't come from a can... not one part of it. Bam.  


Now if only I could make homemade tootsie rolls... I have an childish craving at the moment for retro waxy candy. Timeless... yet still a bit mysterious. 


Elisa's Chicken Noodle Soup 
[I wish this was more impressive, but it's really quite simple - though not as simple as my 1950 edition of Betty Crocker's Picture Cook Book, which innocently called for chicken broth and noodles...]

Egg noodles
Shredded rotisserie chicken (about 2 cups for soup) 
32 oz vegetable or chicken broth 
<1 tbsp butter 
1 sweet onion chopped 
1 cup baby carrots (or 3 large carrots) chopped 
3 stalks of celery chopped 

sprinkling of oregano 
sprinkling of thyme
2 cloves of garlic 




salt & pepper (and more salt, especially if you use a low-sodium broth)



1. Cook chopped vegetables (celery, carrots, and onion) in medium to large stalk pot with just under a tbsp of butter until onions are soft. Add two cloves of minced garlic.


2. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add desired amount of egg noodles and spices.  Bring temperature down to medium heat. 

3. Once noodles are soft add the chicken. Salt & pepper to taste. 

Enjoy!  



[The spice rack I received for Valentine's day]











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

GOBOOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger