Band of Brothers.

4.24.2012

There's no shame in watching Band of Brothers with your eyes closed.  Unlike Brad, I am not squeamish.  I am not phased by a leg being amputated or the up close footage of the battle-wound aftermath.  It's watching the actual wound take place that causes me to cover my face with my hands.  I'm not a fan of violence and suspense.  I'm jumpy.  It's genetic.


So the minute guns start firing or mortars begin exploding, I pull my knees to my chest and shield my eyes with both of my hands - leaving only a slight crack between my fingers so I can still see what's happening... after all, I don't want to seem like a wimp. 


Jelly beans also make it better.  I know it's a strange juxtaposition. But somehow it works.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

GOBOOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger