Germs germs go away. Come back never.

11.27.2012

My home has become a germ factory and I have embraced my new identity of germ-a-phobe.  A ghastly stomach flu has descended upon my extended family.  A Thanksgiving weekend I'm sure we will all remember.  I'm suddenly very thankful to Jesus for the Purell dispenser located conveniently near my desk.  My sick husband has invaded the living room, of which I give him a safe 6 foot radius of control.  I forgot myself for a minute last night and took a few steps to the couch with the intention of giving him a hug... thankfully I regained my senses before reaching the couch and came to a sudden halt.  Slowly I backed away, sadly retreating to my chair against the back wall. 

My dear friend informed me the other day that she thought her phone was dying... the culprit?  A daily regimen of Clorox wipes.  Who are we kidding, it was probably a three times daily regimen.  I laughed at the time, but now I think she might be on to something neurotically brilliant.    

As we enter cold/flu/germ/sickness/gross season I am reminded to be thankful for my good health and 24/7 access to healthcare should it be required.  I sit daily at work writing about healthcare interventions in the developing world, the construction of latrines, the life-saving qualities of a mosquito net.  I am reminded to be overjoyed at the sore bruise on my arm from my flu shot.  How blessed and fortunate am I?  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

GOBOOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger